Thursday, August 4, 2011

Udhayan (2011)

Language: Tamil

Music director: Manikanth Kadri

Song: Yevan Ivan

Singer: Shruthi Hassan

My grandmother had a beautiful voice, but unfortunately she sang only during weddings or ceremonies when the cacophony overcame her voice… Poor Shruthi Hassan, has a beautiful voice like my grandmother.

Song: Ring Tring

Singers: Baba Sehgal, Suchitra

Baba Sehgal could have been the pioneer of Rap in India but a bad cacophonic tune and lots of boom shaka laka in the lyric and whistles don’t ring a bell in our ears. Poor Suchitra, did you really sing ?

Song: Ithanai Yugamai

Singer: Karthik

Redemption… Karthik saves one. I don’t hear any music but Karthik, probably that is why this song sounds any good in my ears.
I’m confused with the treatment of this song, what’s that statement the music director wants to make ?

Song: Laka Laka

Singers: Darshana Karthik, Prasanna

The mandatory kutthu pattu…

Headache. No reality show contestant can sing this unique song, Mind you, these days reality shows are the new tea shops… If your songs aren’t heard there you are a failure…

Song: Udhayan

Singers: Manikanth Kadri, Timmi Madhukar

Noise… Songs have a lyric, does this have one ?

Song: Ponga Vechom

Singers: Divya, Vivek Narayan

The song that would prove that this is a Tamil movie and get that tax relief. I still don’t get that feel, I don’t smell the soil.

Overall I don’t see a lyricist’s role in any song here, for it is mostly fitting words into cacophony. I pity the producer who invested in the director of this movie. For the director is responsible for the music output.

The director and the producer have been taken for a ride by the music director.

Verdict: This music Sounds Beautiful with Ears Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment